Speakers Info IMPULS Online
Information to Speakers and Sponsors
Practical information to you as a speaker at VårIMPULS Online 2021
The speaker sits at h own computer and conduct the seminar. We will use the Zoom video conference tool. The session is 30 minutes.
Please keep you intro short! We recommend a 20-25-minute-presentation followed by a 5-10-minute Q&A/discussion that you lead yourself with support from your “co-anchor” (colleague). It is a hard stop after 30 minutes.
We will open your meeting room 30 minutes in advance for the speakers, to give you the ability to talk to technician and check that everything works fine for your seminar. Please make sure that SAPSA has the name and email to all speakers.
SAPSA Live & Meet the expert sessions
- Speakers will receive a personal invite that gives access to the closed practice session starting 30 minutes before their schedule session.
- The link in this invite will have the role of panelist for the zoom webinar. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000252726-Roles-in-a-webinar
- These invites will be distributed no later that one day prior to your session and will be sent from email sender: SAPSA IMPULS Online. The subject line will be: Panelist for Title of your session.
- Depending on your mailbox preferences, these emails might end up in your “others” inbox or similar, so it might be necessary to look for them there.
- Please sit in a quiet area/room with good Internet-connection.
- Headphones / headset isn’t always necessary, but its a great option to have available.
Try to get even light on your face, a window can usually be a great light source.
- Try to place the camera level with your eyes, (put your laptop on top of some books or boxes).
- Try to sit/stand still, especially if you use a virtual background.
- Please turn-off your mobile phone during your presentation.
- Please respect your time slot – start and end on time
Interested in your own virtual background? Please visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/210707503-Virtual-Background
We will use the Zoom tool. For the best experience and functionality, download the Zoom Client for Meetings application at https://zoom.us/download.
If you are unable to download, please use the The Zoom web client which allows joining Zoom meetings and webinars without downloading any plugins or software. However, the web client has limited features and functions best on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Chromium Edge. Read more at: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/214629443-Zoom-web-client
Important! Please, let us know beforehand if you will be using the web client as your tool for your session. Please send this info the day before your session to technical team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoom Webinars are designed so that the host and any designated panelists can share their video, audio and screen. Webinars allow view-only attendees. They have the ability to interact via Q&A, Chat, and raise hand.
You present through Share Screen. If you are dependent on Speaker Notes, we recommend that you have these as a copy on paper or a monitor next to you.
Want to learn more about Share Screen in Zoom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MItltFz2Kl4
Use your own Power Point template.
Please speak Swedish, if that is your mother tounge. You can have your slides in English if you prefer that.
Please send PDF-copy of presentation to email@example.com after your session if it can be shared.
SAPSA will not record any sessions.
Show video clip
You can show video clips in Zoom, but it is not ideal, so we recommend that your seminar does not depend on videos. We would rather you to focus on interaction and an engaging presentation.
If you want to show videos, the new video sharing feature is yout best option:
One detail that isn’t very well documented is that you have to be logged in to the zoom app with a (free) zoom account to use the feature.